Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blog 20

Interview Protocol:

Today, I will be asking you a few questions about how you feel about the connection between adaptation between novel and film.  I appreciate with you meeting with me today and if there is anytime throughout this interview, you feel uncomfortable, please let me know and we can stop.  The only group of people who would be seeing this interview will be my faculty advisor and classmates and you will be anonymous throughout the study.  Again, thank you for your participation.

1) How are you doing today?
2) Have you read a novel and see the film that was adapted from the novel?
3) Can you tell me a story of a time where you did see a film of a novel you read?  Like for an example - what were your thoughts throughout the film?  Did you keep comparing it to the novel?
4) Did you like the novel or film better?
5) Can you explain to me why one was better than the other?
6) If you could have made changes to the film, would you? and what would those changes be?
7) Have you ever read a novel, only because there was an adapted film of that novel coming out?
8) Do you believe that you should read the novel first before watching the film?
9) (follow up question) Can you explain to me why?
10) If you are ever to be a writer, would you want to write the actual novel or the adapted screenplay of the novel?
11) Do you think words change going from paper to onscreen?
12) If there was any advice you could give to an author or adapter, coming from a viewer, what would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment