Tuesday, September 10, 2013

BLOG 2

               After class on Thursday and re-reading what we went over in class, I have realized that there was more to analysis then I believed.  I remember doing some analysis papers in previous classes and would not completely understand what the professor would want.  BUT now I understand the word analysis and how to work with analysis.  Analysis, in short terms, to me means when you can take things apart by doing separate steps and putting things in your own words and in order of those steps in which we took of.  There are different ways where you can do analysis which we figured out during the exercise of finding the missing piece - finding the pattern, examining it by visually looking at it, or even putting things in group.  I believe after this class, i know more of what I would want to figure out in my research project.
            In my previous blog, I said the following: "What I am interested in is to learn about the different ways other authors/scriptwriters go on and about with their writing.  Every author and scriptwriter has their own styles of writing but how do they come up with theirs?  How do they come up with their ideas?  Also what are the different processes that they each go through while writing their works?" Using analysis, I can figure out the answers to these questions.  I can take each question that I have and do the seven steps we have discussed in class starting with defining the problem.  Each writer goes through "problems" when they are writing like trying to figure out what they want to write about and if they get writer's block, or if they are writing towards their right audience.  I also wrote in the first blog that I can read the writers's works which I can analyze myself by taking each part of their writing to figure out the different writing styles each author has compared to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment