Monday, September 23, 2013

Blog 6

Jottings:

Marc wore a New Jersey Devils sweatshirt.
He was the first to get up in class.
There was a chair blocking a row so Marc moved the chair.
I talked to Liz first.
She is 21 years old.
She asked what my major is, how old, and where I'm from, also my nationality.
She is an Early Childhood Educational major.
Liz is a senior, she works at Kohl's as a cashier.
Filip comes over.
He is an English with writing as an option major.
Liz asks him the same questions, she asks me.
The professor calls for us to move groups.
I go over to Marc and Kristina.
Marc asks me about my major, my favorite color, kinds of pets I have.
I then went to talk to Courtney and Emily where I find out that they were in the same creative writing class last semester.
Courtney also asks about if I commute or live on campus.
Then the Professor tells us to go back to our seats.

Headnotes:

At the beginning of when Professor tells us to start the exercise, no one rushes to get up first until Marc gets up, then everyone slowly starts moving.
Professor sometimes speaks during the exercise especially during when she wanted us to rotate so that we get to speak to with different people.
At first a chair was in one position on the floor but then later on, it was sitting in the middle of the room.
Each group at their different volumes of sound throughout their conversations.
Marc and Sabrina were using their phones to take notes during the exercise.
When the Professor asks us to get back at our seats, some people are still talking and don't rush to get back to their seats.

Things I Remembered Later:

I remember that people started out speaking with others who they already knew before they went on to speak with others in the class.
As time went on, some were getting more comfortable talking to others when others were still staying quiet and sticking with answering questions and writing in their notebooks/cell phones.

Observations about what happened:

I noticed that the tight space of the classroom we were in with computers is not a great place to get to know new people because there isn't much room to walk around and you overhear other conversations going on.
Some people were more open than others in the class.  I enjoyed this exercise where were able to get to know each other but also learn how to take fieldnotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment