Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What kind of writing studies research do you think you might be interested in?

I am still not completely sure what writing studies is, other than a few methods, but I am somewhat excited to learn about it this semester because I believe it would help me with my writing and learn more about other people’s writings.

I am an English/Writing major which I hope to become an author and/or scriptwriter.  What I am interested in is to learn about the different ways other authors/scriptwriters go on and about with their writing.  Every author and scriptwriter has their own styles of writing but how do they come up with theirs?  How do they come up with their ideas?  Also what are the different processes that they each go through while writing their works?

There are a few methods where I can go about with finding out the answers to the above questions and those are surveys/questionnaires, interviews, and my own analysis through reading other works.  I am not completely sure if this is where I’m leaning towards but I do know that I will want to do some type of research towards the creative writing field.

No comments:

Post a Comment